Here are some fun facts about the Pine Forest Camp reunion over the years…
– In addition to parent drop-off, campers are coming by bus from: Maryland, Livingston and Westchester. Do you know of another camp that does that!?
– One year, we had a camper come all the way from Caracas, Venezuela (Note: camp did not provide the plane…).
– Over the years we’ve had our reunion at some pretty interesting locations: The Bellevue-Stratford Hotel, The Marriot Hotel (on City Line Ave.), Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood, Dick Clark’s American Bandstand, WXPN World Cafe Live and even at camp!
– The reunion was once at the Benjamin Franklin Hotel, featured in the movie, Silver Lining Playbook.
– Reunions used to be 5 hours long. What were they thinking!?
– Over the years, our reunion gifts have been: frisbees, yo-yos, book covers, flashlights, rulers. What will is be this year!?! Let’s just say, we’re keeping the ‘door open’…
– There used to be a lot speeches. Like, too many. Now it’s just fun & friends.
– We’re changing the location next year! This will be our last reunion at the Funplex! It’s crazy, noisy and fun! Any suggestions for next year!?
(80th reunion at camp).